Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Monday, May 19, 2014

Callooh! Callay!

Although SFAI adjuncts began voting early last week on the question whether we wanted to be represented by SEIU, my own ballot didn't arrive day after day after day. I called the National Labor Relations Board Thursday about it and it turns out that they were provided an old address. Odd, that, since SFAI has been delivering paychecks, W-2s, and other materials to my present address for over a year now -- but I suppose bureaucratic befuddlements offer a plentifully plausible explanation without calling shenanigans. Let me just say, if you don't receive a ballot in such a situation you simply must be quite attentive and proactive about all the many steps in the process in which things can go wrong. My fresh ballot arrived at long last with the regular mail late this morning and already I have voted yes, Yes, YES! I can't say what will happen next, but I am feeling quite exhilarated about it for now.

No comments: