Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

No, Christine O'Donnell, You Are Not Me


Unlike you I am not a would-be authoritarian Christianist evangelical who has nonetheless flirted with being a witch or a Hare Krishna, I have not ruined lives advocating for fraudulent, damaging, homophobic "gay reparative" therapies, I do not think masturbation is sinful and must be stopped, I am not a know-nothing Darwin-denialist or a carbon dating skeptic, I do not think women impregnated by rapists and rapacious relatives should be forced to have their rapist's baby, I do not think we are menaced by lab rats implanted with working human brains, I do not think the Chinese have a secret plan to take over America, I do not think election campaign funding is a scheme to pay off personal debts and feed your family, I do not think it is okay repeatedly to lie about your education on a resume to get a job, I don't think that the only difference between a serious person and the lunatic fringe is a pearl necklace, so, no, Christine O'Donnell… you are not me.

"Not Me" Icon courtesy of O'Donnell's opponent Chris Coons.

No comments: