Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Science! HHS Bigots and Cowards Declare My Faggot Mudblood To Be Infused With the Demon of Homosexuality And Hence All Icky and Unwanted

Towleroad:
After two days of hearings, by a vote of 9-6, the HHS Advisory Committee on Blood Safety and Availability has voted against recommending lifting the FDA ban on blood donation by gay men. Against all science. Outrageous. The current policy bars any man who has had sex with a man since 1977 from giving blood.

2 comments:

jimf said...

Tonight's New Jersey diner experience (not Bill O'Reilly
this time).

So there was a table with four college-age guys within earshot.
And I heard one guy mention to his buddies "I saw on the news
that gays can't donate blood. Like, if you've **ever**
had sex with another dude you're banned for life. It's,
like, because gays are more prone to have AIDS, or
something. All I've had to do for the past few weeks is
stay home and watch the news, so that's how I heard
about it."

And then, just minutes later, a re-run of _Grey's Anatomy_
came on -- on three TV screens. And wouldn't you know, it
was the episode "The Becoming"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QVBW7UqYA
I was eagerly anticipating the reaction to the scene
where the soldier kisses his buddy, and I wasn't
disappointed. "Oh my God, check it out! Those two
guys are making out! Oh, I can't watch it!" "Hey,
I don't wanna see that stuff!" Etc.

Impertinent Weasel said...

The HHS Advisory Committee Chairperson, Mr. Garrison of South Park, CO, clarifies some of the HHS rationale in a conversation with Stan:

Mr. Garrison: Gay people, well, gay people are EVIL, evil right down to their cold black hearts which pump not blood like yours or mine, but rather a thick, vomitous oil that oozes through their rotten veins and clots in their pea-sized brains which becomes the cause of their Nazi-esque patterns of violent behavior. Do you understand?

Stan: I guess.

Mr. Garrison: Good, I'm glad we could have this little talk Stanley. Now you go outside and practice football like a good little heterosexual.