Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Scattered Speculations on Tribalism

My friend James Hughes and I have had an interesting exchange on the technoliberation list on the topics of "neo-tribalism," subculture, political organizing, their interconnections, and so on. Since I'm busy grading finals and not blogging much original content at the moment (as I'm sure you've noticed), it seemed like a good idea to adapt and edit some of the exchange for Amor Mundi. Thanks go to James for the provocation of his conversation and for his welcoming its republication here. The next three posts reproduce (with a few tweaks) our first three online exchanges on these topics. As always, comments, questions, criticisms are welcome. And now, it's back to grading for me!

No comments: